Monday, January 14, 2013

Hectic Living....not Eclectic Living is more like it

***Sigh*** Oh how I find solace in the evening hours. I am feeling sleepy and looking forward to the warmth of my covers tonight....needless to say it has been a very, VERY, long day!

The day started out as though it was going to be quite promising...I woke early with designs floating through my mind and headed straight for my studio...Oh right what am thinking I awoke in my studio and simply took seven steps to my studio table and began~!(fell asleep what looked to be around 3:30 Saturday night on the couch in my studio)

I had this idea that I wanted to try, a mixed media ring. Take a lovely kunzite stone and wrap it in copper, create a large copper band cut down either end to create two twirls on both sides and use a tiffany method to solder the two into a funky, organic healers protege. Let me premise this idea with the straight up fact that soldering and I are NOT friends...so attempting the stained glass method was some what a stretch for me to begin.:P

No matter how damn clean I got my copper,no matter what flux I threw on the table that solder wouldn't follow, stay, come here or go there...well it fell off plenty...I ended up with the biggest ball of solder on my table by the time all was said and done, very little of course on my kunzite stone. Okay, so then I had this brilliant idea that I just needed to blast it with a little more heat from my torch instead of my soldering iron and let me tell you,  Epic FAIL! Yeah...everything just burned up and fell off the band and I was 2 hours in and back to square one.

I, like so many other artists, have figured out that I don't get to chose the end result. And so like many other design attempts, this one decided it was to be something completly different! GRrrrrrrrr......
Up-cycled ring from another ring gone mad..Copper and Sterling
with Aquamarine CZ

This among other things brought to mind the question "And exactley Why do I do this again?". For example, while I polished  a band with my flex shaft it was ripped from my fingers and launched somewhere into another dimension...My Ugg boot to be exact...which took me tearing my room apart...twice...for over an hour....
That was the question of the day!

But in the end I prevailed!!!! Ahhhh I created Three rings and sold one....Not a half bad ending after all.

It's always upon reflecting, that I am able to see the trees through the forest and I must say I really appreciate the view!

“The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. ”Anonymous -

Polished Kunzite stone and Copper band in a mixed
media with Silver solder and Wire. 

Kunzite is a powerful stone used for protection and
vibrational  elevation in one's aura.


'It assists one in attaining deep meditative states and provides for centering in all situations; it helps one to mentally retire when in the midst of a crowd, to remain calm in the midst of distraction, and to sustain wisdom in the midst of folly. Kunzite also stimulates intuition and creativity  during the meditative state. It dispels static un-focused energy and provides for rythmic centering, inducing precision in all activities. After holding the mineral in a vertical position and aligning the chakras, the energy centers are balanced internally and connected sequentially; a "trip" with kunzite can be quite stimulating."

Astrological signs of Scorpio, Taurus, & Leo ; Vibrates to the number 7.

Quote from 'Love is in the Earth-A kaleiddoscope of Crystals - Updated (Page362) by MELODY

No comments:

Post a Comment